Third competition deadline is 31st January…… you can send photos via email or tag @rutlandhighsheriff19 on Instagram
See below the winners of the first and second competition..……
Capture Rutland for the High Sheriff
Young people of Rutland are invited to take part in the High Sheriff’s Photography Competition by taking a photograph that captures something ‘special about Rutland’.
- You must be aged 18 years or under and live or attend school/college or work in Rutland.
- There are three competitions with deadlines for submission of: 31 July 2019 (Summer), 31Oct 2019 (Autumn) , and 31 Jan 2020 (Winter).
- There are two age categories for each competition: one for photographers aged 11 years and under and the other for those aged 12 – 18 years.
- Photographs should be at least 1Mb in resolution
- Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Capture Rutland’ in the subject line. Photographs should be attached to the email together with the photographer’s name, age, name of school/college attended and village/town in which they live and the name and contact number for the photographer’s parent/guardian/carer.
- Or tag @rutlandhighsheriff19 on Instagram
- Photographers may enter a maximum of three photographs per competition and are welcome to add a comment about their photograph. No faces of people should be seen in the photographs.
- A few days after the deadline of each competition, the two winners (one from each age category) will be notified. The winning photographs may be published in a local paper. Judges: Mr Richard Adams (local photographer) and Mr Rob Persani (Rutland Radio presenter)
- Prizewinners will receive an Amazon voucher worth £25. Sponsors will donate the prize money together with a charitable donation. Prizes will be awarded at a Presentation evening in February or March 2020.
Prizes and charitable donations are kindly gifted by Goldmark Gallery, Uppingham.
In the second competition (end date 31st October) there was another great selection of photographs from around the county. Thank you to all who took part – the judges and I really enjoyed looking closely at all the photographs. There are two winners and several photographers received Highly Commended certificates. A few of the photographs are shown below…..
Winner (age 12 – 18 years), Ellen Wilson, age 13….
Winner (Age 11 and under) , Charlie Frieland, age 9….
And here are three Highly Commended photographs from (L to R) Thomas Selby, Charlie Davies and Elizabeth Wells……
For the first competition (end date 31st July) there were some fabulously creative photographs from photographers aged 5 – 17 years . Thank you to all who took part – the standard was high and impressed our two judges. A number of Highly Commended certificates were awarded but our two winners were:
Archie Mahan, age 10 from Clipsham…….
Freddie Lea , aged 12 from South Luffenham……..
Great photos from Archie and Freddie. Many Congratulations to you both. Clearly there is a cycling theme here !! I look forward to meeting you at the Presentation evening in March 2020 when you will receive your prizes.
Please do take part in the next competition – deadline for entries is 31st October. This link shows a video of some great sights in Rutland – I’m sure that it will inspire you to take your own photographs.